People Saving Pets™
People Saving PetsTM is an exciting campaign that uses positive and uplifting advertising, public relations and community events to educate and engage the public, change perceptions about pet homelessness and increase pet adoptions and spay/neuter surgeries. It is designed to inspire action to save the lives of homeless pets. By highlighting the efforts of national and local animal-welfare partners, the campaign will inspire a broad range of public participation.
With advertising that focuses on the human-pet bond, People Saving Pets will showcase the ways that pets enrich our lives and will provide information and education about the ways to end the tragedy of euthanasia. The campaign encourages people to spread the word about the campaign and its goals. Members of the public can participate in People Saving Pets in a number of ways – from joining as a member, attending local pet-themed events, donating time or money, buying official People Saving Pets merchandise, adopting a pet and spaying/neutering your pet.
People Saving PetsTM – Finding a home for every adoptable pet
Indiana Bulldog Rescue is leading the People Saving Pets effort, which is designed to make pet homelessness a thing of the past.
How? This unique awareness campaign uses powerful advertising and outreach to change the public’s perceptions about pet homelessness and inspire them to take action.
It can drive more adoptions, increase spay and neuters, encourage more people to volunteers and generate more funding for the work we do. And that means fewer pets euthanized simply because they don’t have homes.
People Saving Pets costs our group nothing, and we think it has the power to engage the entire community in our cause.
But, we need to take this cause beyond our passionate supporters and out into our community of people who care about pets, but might not know how take action.
Getting involved is easy and a few simple actions can make a big difference for our pets.
- Join the cause: Visit www.peoplesavingpets.org to sign up and join us in the effort to end pet homeless.
- Share the news: Spread the word about People Saving Pets by inviting your friends and family to join. Visit www.facebook.com/IndianaBulldogRescue and share your commitment to save pets’ lives with your Facebook friend, Twitter followers and other social networks.
- Adopt a pet. If you’re considering adding a new four-legged member to the family, adoption is the way to go. We currently have 23 dogs available for adoption at Indiana Bulldog Rescue. And if you can’t adopt a pet, please, encourage your friends and family to do so.
- Spay and neuter. Help control the pet overpopulation issue by spaying or neutering your pet and encourage the people in your life to do the same. This simple procedure can be done in half-a-day and will can reduce behavior issues and help your pet live a longer, healthier life.
- Volunteer. Indiana Bulldog Rescue can use your help! Check out all our volunteer opportunities and let us know how you’d like to help. Then, ask your friends to join you.
- Donate. If you don’t time, but still want to give – we can always use your generous donations of money and/or supplies like those on our Wish List
Ending pet homelessness in Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky is a big goal. But if we work together, we can do it. We can make Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky national leaders in this important work. Please join us today.